Goshen Scout Reservation Update #7
Hello Goshen Leaders!
Phil Barbash here with some more important updates for this summer:
- Our early bird payment deadline is this Friday. At 11:59 PM on Thursday, April 30th, the price will switch over. Please make every effort to get your youth/adults registered to avoid the price hike.
- We had a very generous donor come forward and replenish the supply of money for camperships. Thus, if you have the youth who are going to be in need, please have them continue to apply. We will approve the camperships as we have funds for and inform the applicants directly on how to register.
- Some units have been asking questions on how making a payment online works. Please see here: www.gotogoshen.org/registration/registration-tips-making-a-payment/
- A couple of changes in how we operate summer camp this summer:
- We will no longer be having large group gatherings at camp. This includes but is not limited to flag ceremonies, campfires, and camp-wide events.
- We are moving in the direction of 1 person tents. At this time we are asking that all units begin the process of identifying how many tents could be brought to camp with them, in an effort to supplement the camp tents for up to half of the units adult/youth. We will have more information on this as far as how we are tracking it moving forward. Needs will be communicated on a camp by camp, week by week basis.
- We are looking at our options as far as daily screening procedures, food service operations, and transportation to/from camp. Rest assured, there will be more changes communicated moving forward.
- Please continue to communicate with your doctors in order to get physicals signed. I understand that this is a challenging task and I am awaiting a response from BSA national on what, if any, decision is going to be made regarding part C of the med form.
- If you are already interested in preemptively changing your unit’s week at camp to a later week, we have created an online form to do so here: www.gotogoshen.org/weekchange/
Finally, our refund request form is live and can be found here: www.gotogoshen.org/refund. Please remember that if we end up cancelling camp altogether, or the week your unit/youth are attending camp, we will issues a full 100% refund.
That’s all for now. As always, thank you for everything you do and keep the feedback coming on what you would like to see on our end. We will all get through this together!