We’ve updated our promotional materials to get everyone excited about summer 2019! Check out our new video and our new downloadables on our About page.
News for everyone
Struggling with registration?
Check out our newly uploaded Registration Walk-Through for the 2019 season. It will take you step-by-step through the process to get your Unit signed up for an awesome time at summer camp.
Visit the Register Now section of our Registration page to download.
As we get closer to registration, we’ve updated a couple of our FAQs for the 2019 summer registration. Is your unit carrying over credits from last summer? Do you have a girl Troop interested in going to camp, but you can’t officially register the Troop in the BSA until February? Check out our updated Quick Facts on our registration page.
Dates and information have been set and updated for Family Camp 2019! Registration for both events opens October 1, 2018. Sign up for fun for all ages!
Learn more and register on our Family Camp page.
Want the coolest summer job? Got a favorite Merit Badge or Cub Scout Adventure? You could teach it!
We’re seeking motivated and enthusiastic people who enjoy the outdoors to be part of the Goshen 2019 Summer Staff.
The application is now available for summer 2019. Check out the Goshen Staff page to get more information and to apply.
Registration for Summer 2019 opens on October 1st at 9:00am. Get ready! Here’s a brief overview of what’s changed.
Youth fees are increasing this year by $15, now starting at an Early Bird Rate of $375. In an effort to keep costs down, we’re keeping adult fees the same, starting at an Early Bird Rate of $225. Each unit, regardless of size, will still receive 2 free adult leaders, calculated automatically by our registration system. The Additional Fees for various services and special programs will also be staying the same, as listed in the Camp Costs section.
This year, the unit site deposit will no longer be forfeit if the unit cancels. The unit site deposit will now be eligible for the standard refund – an 85% refund if requested by June 14.
Camps Bowman and Marriott are leaving the 7 day Saturday-to-Saturday schedule behind and joining the rest of the Goshen Scout Reservation camps in running a 6 day Sunday-to-Saturday schedule in an effort to improve camp logistics and program. Camp Marriott will still be running a Monday-to-Saturday schedule during its Week 1 LDS Week.
Camp Olmsted will be closed Week 4 for a special event and Week 5 will have a special schedule, running a 6 day Monday-to-Sunday schedule.
Check out our registration page for registration details and stay tuned for additional updates about Summer 2019 in the coming weeks as we get closer to registration opening.
Hello Goshen Leaders!
It’s been a while! A couple quick updates for you:
- The deadline to request a refund for any scout or adult for any reason is June 15th, 2018. Please send those to myself at Philip.Barbash@Scouting.Org. Please do note that after that date, no refunds will be granted. This is a hard deadline. Apologies for the inconvenience! We do always have the option for you to switch out any youth or adult with another youth or adult by simply changing the name in your registration portal. Please refer to our refund policy here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/registration/. If you have already requested a refund via email, you are good to go. We will process and let you know when we do.
- If you are planning on taking the bus down, and have registered in the registration portal, you will receive an update email on logistics the Wednesday before your arrival. As always, you can get more information here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/transportation/.
- Please do not hesitate to contact your camp director for program/facility specific questions. Their info is listed on the camp’s webpage that you are attending near the bottom.
- Its not too early to be thinking about coming down to Family Camp here at Goshen during Labor Day Weekend. Information is here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/events/family-camp/. Registration is open!
My address now ends in Goshen, VA for the next two months. Feel free to contact me with any questions and as always, my previous update emails are here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/latest-news/.
Hello Goshen Leaders!
Phil Barbash here with a couple of updates. As always, I’ll try to be brief, but no guarantees:
- First off, we do have a payment deadline approaching one week from today, on the 18th of May. At 11:59 PM on the 18th, the price will switch to $440 per youth and $305 per adult. Please make every effort to get your youth/adults registered before Friday night!
- We are also about a month and a half out from our deadline for refunds. Please keep in mind that as our policy states, any refunds requested before June 15th, 2018 will be granted at an 85% rate. After that date, no refunds will be granted for any reason. I do apologize for our stern disposition on this, but there is quite a financial impact incurred from processing refunds of this magnitude. Please see here for more information: https://gotogoshen.wpengine.com/registration/.
- We WILL be offering Catholic Mass for all camps on Sunday evenings at the Camp Ross dining hall at 7PM. We were able to line up a few last year, but believe that we will be able to offer it all summer this year. We do recognize that this creates a conflict with the opening leaders meeting in all camps but Bowman and Marriott. Our Camp Directors will work with you to get you filled in on the information that was missed should you need to send your entire unit to Mass.
- We are still looking to fill a few staff positions, specifically but not exclusively 21+ year olds. Please do let me know if you have anyone that might be interested.
- For any Boy Scout aged youth that may want to spend an additional week at camp, we do have the provisional Trail to Eagle program at Camp Marriott during Week 6. Please see here for more details: https://gotogoshen.wpengine.com/camps-programs/specialty-week/.
- Memorial Day Weekend is right around the corner! Have any families that don’t have plans? Come on down and get a preview of how awesome Goshen is! Details are here: https://gotogoshen.wpengine.com/events/family-camp/.
As always, all of the previous emails I have sent out are here if you need them: https://gotogoshen.wpengine.com/information/latest-news/. Thanks to all and please don’t hesitate to shoot us an email with any questions you may have!
Hello All Goshen Leaders,
Thank you for bearing with us through the early bird deadline. It was a busy week but I think we’re pretty much clear! A couple quick updates for all of you:
- We will have one more new adult leader orientation meeting this coming Wednesday, the 25th. It is located at 1301 Trap Road in Vienna, VA and will begin at 7PM. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS ONLY THIS ONE MEETING IN VIENNA ON WEDNESDAY, AND NO MEETING IN BETHESDA. This was my mistake in my wording last time I made the announcement. If you have already attended the first meeting, you need not attend this one and this meeting is for BRAND NEW ADULTS ONLY. It is mostly an open forum to get questions answered. If you have answers to all of your questions already, no need to attend, unless you want to pick up your hats.
- Speaking of hats, they are here! Feel free to stop by our office at 9190 Rockville Pike Bethesda, MD during normal business hours (9-5) to pick up your hats for every youth and adult that paid at the early bird deadline. If you paid additional money to have your hats embroidered, those will be available for you upon arrival at camp. If the office is not do-able, feel free to coordinate with your district executive to pick them up and meet you at roundtable or another closer area. We will not be mailing hats.
- Please do keep in mind that all adults that are coming to camp for 72 hours or more do need to be registered in the BSA with youth protection training.
- Our Leaders Guide for Goshen is posted here: https://gotogoshen.wpengine.com/information/forms-downloads/ as well as lots of other exciting forms. Keep in mind, each camp also has their own leader guide and forms unique to that camp.
- There are still opportunities for those youth at the Boy Scout level who are unable to come with their troop or are itching for a second week at camp to participate in any of our provisional programs (that means no adults required!). Check them out online at http://gotogoshen.wpengine.com.
- Finally, Memorial Day Family Camp weekend is right around the corner! Register today!
As always, all of my previous emails are posted here: https://gotogoshen.wpengine.com/information/latest-news/. Please check them out if you are new and need some questions answered. Looking forward to seeing you all soon! Let the countdown begin!
Hello Goshen Leaders!
Phil Barbash here, with a couple of updates:
- First off, if you are a unit or provisional who has just recently signed up, feel free to go and take a look at any/all of my previous four update emails. They can be found here: https://gotogoshen.wpengine.com/information/latest-news/.
- The early bird payment deadline is one week from today. As of 11:59 PM on Friday the 13th, the system will switch over and every youth and adult will be charged the full $400/$265 amounts respectively. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY NIGHT TO REGISTER.
- Every youth and adult that pays by the early bird deadline will receive a hat. You do have the option in your registration portal to embroider that hat with your unit’s name and hometown. Please be checking your email frequently if you have chosen this option as we will be contacting you shortly to confirm what you want embroidered on the hat. Hats will be available for pickup during normal business hours, 9-5:30 Monday-Friday at 9190 Rockville Pike Bethesda, MD 20814. You do also have the option to coordinate with your District Executive or other volunteer to bring it to you at a closer location, or you can always pick up at camp. We will not be mailing hats. ALL EMBROIDERED HATS WILL BE PICKED UP UPON ARRIVAL AT CAMP.
- We will have two new adult leader orientation meetings on the 18th and 25th of April at the Marriott Scout Service Center (9190 Rockville Pike Bethesda, MD 20814) and Andrew Chapel (1301 Trap Road Vienna, VA 22182). Both meetings will begin at 7PM and end by 9PM and you need only attend one of them. THESE ARE FOR BRAND NEW ADULTS ONLY. YOU NEED NOT WORRY ABOUT THEM IF YOU HAVE BEEN TO GOSHEN BEFORE. Most information given out will be basic information. Due to the nature of the meeting, no call in number is available but if you have specific questions, feel free to shoot them over to me. Most of the session is Q and A.
- There is now a 3% convenience charge for credit cards in your registrations portal. We recognize and apologize that the timing is not great on this. There is, however, no added charge for e-checks. Feel free to use a paper check and pay your amount in the system, as the system will walk you through exactly how to input the check into the system.
- As of now ANY LEADER COMING TO CAMP WHO IS STAYING FOR 72 HOURS OR MORE MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE BSA AND HAVE GONE THROUGH YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING. Please factor this accordingly into your unit’s plan.
- Please continue to check your individual camp’s webpage for new postings (many documents have been updated including the Merit Badge pre-requisite list).
That’s all for now. As always thank you for coming to Goshen and feel free to shoot Sarah or myself an email with any questions you may have!
P.S. Memorial Day Family Camp Weekend…still accepting registrations. Don’t miss out!
Goshen Scout Reservation, a fully accredited camp, is the home of three resident Scout camps, two resident Webelos camps, and the Lenhok’sin High Adventure Base, all centrally located around beautiful, 450 acre, Lake Merriweather.