2020 summer registration opening has been moved to October 15, 2019, as the 2020 budget is still being reviewed and discussed.
News for everyone
Want the coolest summer job? Got a favorite Merit Badge or Cub Scout Adventure? You could teach it!
We’re seeking motivated and enthusiastic people who enjoy the outdoors to be part of the Goshen 2020 Summer Staff.
Check out the Goshen Staff page to get more information and apply.
The schedule for Labor Day Family Camp is now available in the downloads section of the Family Camp page. Check out the fun things we have going on and join us this Labor Day Weekend for fun for all ages!
The Goshen Team is currently transitioning from our summer offices at Goshen to our year-round offices at Council HQ. We’ll be answering emails periodically and will be back up and running after August 19th.
Our summer phone numbers are now inactive for the season. Email is now the best way to get in touch with your camp’s Camp Director and, during the office transition, the Reservation level admin team.
We had a great summer and we look forward to seeing everyone next summer!
Pick-up and drop-off times for Goshen Buses have been updated. Be sure to check out our Transportation page (www.gotogoshen.org/information/transportation) for the most up to date information.
New summer phone numbers are now active!
The Goshen Team is currently transitioning from our year-round offices at Council HQ to our summer offices at Goshen Scout Reservation. We will be updating the website with the camps’ summer office numbers once we have them set up.
Hello Goshen Leaders!
A couple of quick updates for all of you:
- We are quickly approaching the refund date for Goshen. Please remember that all refund requests must be sent via email to Sarah.Moses@Scouting.Org on or before June 14th, 2019. After that date, no refunds will be granted. We are somewhat strict about this due to the magnitude of these requests on a large scale so please make every effort to get your requests in on time. For a refresher on the refund policy, please visit here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/registration/#refund
- For those attending Scouts BSA camps, please note that we are no longer providing “blue cards” for merit badges. If your unit is one that generally does utilize these, please note that they can be printed online in your reports before and after attending camp. Please also note that local councils/national BSA do not require these cards as proof for youth rank advancement. We will provide a printed grid that shows each scout’s name and what requirements were completed for which badges, which is also a report that can be run at any time using your registration portal.
- All adults and youth attending camp must have the BSA medical form in hand when they arrive. It is listed here on our website: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/forms-downloads/. This listing also has our added health advisory form attached.
- Please note that ALL adults who are coming to camp and staying for 72 hours or more must be registered with the BSA and have taken youth protection training. Each camp will be offering an in-person ypt training on Wednesday afternoon of each week for those adults who show up to camp without the training completed.
As always, all previous update emails are listed here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/latest-news/ and please let myself or Sarah know if you have any questions!
I will keep this nice and brief! We have yet another payment deadline approaching this Friday. Please make sure you don’t miss out on another savings opportunity! After 11:59PM this Friday, the 17th, prices will jump up to $455/youth and $305/adult. PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO GET THOSE FEES IN BEFOREHAND!! Please let us know if you have any questions.
Hello Goshen Leaders!
A couple more updates for ya!
- We have one final adult leader orientation meeting tomorrow night at 7PM at Andrew Chapel-1301 Trap Road in Vienna, VA. THIS IS FOR NEW ADULTS ONLY. IF YOU HAVE BEEN TO GOSHEN BEFORE, YOU NEED NOT ATTEND. We will cover a couple general Goshen things, and then have breakouts by camp for a Q and A session. If you’re someone that likes to have us in front of you so you can fire away questions, this is a good opportunity for that. If not, these are optional so no need to attend. Because the nature of the meeting is so question oriented, there will not be a call in option but please feel free to shoot us your questions as you have them.
- Hats are here! As a refresher, any youth or adult who signs up by the early bird deadline will receive a hat. If you ordered the personalized embroidered hats, those will be available upon your arrival at camp. If not, those hats will be available at both of the aforementioned adult meetings, as well as at our office Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM. If our office is inconvenient for you, you can arrange with your district executive or another volunteer to pick up the hats and bring them to you. Also, we have added a hat pickup location at Camp William B. Snyder-6100 Antioch Road in Haymarket, VA. Hats can be picked up at this location from 10AM-3PM Monday-Friday.
- We still need 18+ and 21+ year old staff! Apply here if interested: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/goshen-staff/
- As always, you can find past Goshen Leader Updates and other announcements on our website here: www.gotogoshen.org/information/latest-news/.
See you all this summer!
Goshen Scout Reservation, a fully accredited camp, is the home of three resident Scout camps, two resident Webelos camps, and the Lenhok’sin High Adventure Base, all centrally located around beautiful, 450 acre, Lake Merriweather.