News for everyone
Additional registration fees have been updated.
The fees for embroidered hats and tickets for the Goshen Bus have been updated for summer 2020. You can now purchase both options for your campers in your registration.
When registering, please remember that Additional Registration Fees are non-refundable, though they can be transferred to another camper. Hat embroidery only applies to Early Bird hats, and must be selected and paid by the Early Bird Deadline 4/17. Bus tickets must be selected and paid by 9am on Wednesday before you arrive at camp.
How to Add Hat Embroidery or Bus Tickets
In your summer camp registration, go to the Participants tab. If you click on a camper’s name, their information will drop down. To make changes, click Update Information.
Then, make your selections in the appropriate fields.
Once you’ve made your selections, you’ll notice the charges have been applied. Proceed to the Check Out tab to make your payments.
About Early Bird Hats
Every camper paid in full by the Early Bird Deadline, April 17, will receive one of the 2020 Goshen Hats. Individuals have the option to embroider their hat. Hats are embroidered with the Unit and Hometown. To make sure the Hometown is correct, please make sure to fill out the field “Hometown, State (for optional embroidered hat)” found in your Registration Contact information (under the Contact tab).
Mark your calendars!
If this is your first time bringing your Troop, Crew, or Pack/Den to the Goshen camp you’ve chosen for this summer, stop by one of our information sessions to get a brief overview and ask questions.
We’ll be offering two Orientation Meetings – one in Maryland and one in Virginia. The meetings will be the same – just pick whichever one works best for you. Our Maryland meeting is on the calendar now. The Virginia meeting will be sometime the following week at a location in Northern Virginia. We’ll mark it on the calendar once the time and place are solidified.
Sign ups for Scouts BSA activities at Camps Bowman, Marriott, and Olmsted open on March 16th at 9:00am. Sign ups for many adult leader trainings at all resident camps will also open at this time.
Keep an eye out in the coming weeks for our updated Merit Badge Sign Ups How to Guide and our 2020 Scouts BSA Program Guide, including descriptions and prerequisites.
Webelos activities follow a different format and do not require advance online sign ups. See the Camp PMI or Camp Ross Leaders Guide for more information on the Webelos program. Lenhok’sin High Adventure activity sign ups are requested through the Crew Survey, found in the Lenhok’sin Downloads section.
Hello Goshen Leaders!
Phil Barbash here. It is once again my pleasure to be serving as your director of operations for another summer. For those of you that are new, welcome! I check in periodically with some updates for Goshen that everyone should know. Here are a few to get us started:
- Since you are receiving this because you are signed up as the registration contact for your unit, please do read through this entire page: http://register.gotogoshen.org. This has many helpful details that will limit the number of questions you may have along the way.
- All of the updates that I send out will be posted here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/latest-news/ in case you lose the email.
- We are already approaching the deadline – February 1st – to get campership requests in for camp. Please see here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/registration/#camperships if you have youth that need a bit of extra financial assistance getting to camp.
- Another date to be aware of for those attending Scouts BSA Camps – Merit Badge Sign Ups will open on March 16th. Program schedules will be available by the end of January.
- We are still looking for staff for this coming summer. Please pass along this link: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/goshen-staff/ if you know of anyone that’s free for the summer and may be interested.
Until next time, happy scouting and stay warm!
2020 summer registration opening has been moved to October 15, 2019, as the 2020 budget is still being reviewed and discussed.
Want the coolest summer job? Got a favorite Merit Badge or Cub Scout Adventure? You could teach it!
We’re seeking motivated and enthusiastic people who enjoy the outdoors to be part of the Goshen 2020 Summer Staff.
Check out the Goshen Staff page to get more information and apply.
The schedule for Labor Day Family Camp is now available in the downloads section of the Family Camp page. Check out the fun things we have going on and join us this Labor Day Weekend for fun for all ages!
Goshen Scout Reservation, a fully accredited camp, is the home of three resident Scout camps, two resident Webelos camps, and the Lenhok’sin High Adventure Base, all centrally located around beautiful, 450 acre, Lake Merriweather.