Hello Goshen Leaders!
Phil Barbash here again. And thanks again to those that are joining us for the first time who have recently made their deposit. A couple of quick updates:
- We are piloting a new STEM Program to run out of Camp Olmsted this summer! It will be run during Week 3 and Week 6 (July 2nd-8th and July 23rd-29th) It is open to all youth 10 and up in the scouting program (14 and up for girls). They will have the opportunity to BUILD THEIR OWN QUADCOPTER TO TAKE HOME! I would highly encourage you to talk to the youth in your units about this exciting opportunity. Maybe some of them are going with your unit during week 2 or week 5 and want to stay on for an extra week on their own? More details are here: http://www.ncacbsa.org/outdoors/goshen-camps/stem-at-goshen/.
- Our Campership deadline was today. However, if you have youth that need the assistance the form will remain open. Please continue to submit the requests online and we will accommodate as funds are available. Those who submitted the forms by the deadline will have priority moving forward. We will send out notification letters within a month.
- The additional Health Advisory Form that I have mentioned in previous emails is now required to be attached to ALL PHYSICALS FOR CAMP THAT WERE DONE AS OF OR AFTER MARCH 1ST, 2017. This is a revision to the previous email. Moving forward, this form will need to be attached to all physicals for Goshen post 03/01/2017. This is a mandate from our Council Physician, Dr. James Sundeen, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The form is on our website.
- The Trail to Eagle program at Marriott is back once again! This is a provisional program for Boy Scout aged youth during week 6, who want to get on the fast track towards getting their Eagle Scout. Once again, the boys do not need to have adults with them to come to this week. The schedule is online on Camp Marriott’s page.
- Finally, Merit Badge Registration is going live on this Friday, 02/03. There are a couple of classes that do have space restrictions, but they will NOT be given out on a first come, first served basis. Instead, you will register your youth for the class, and be put on a waitlist. We will then prioritize all of the scouts that have signed up for that class by age, and then by rank. We will let you know when we get closer to the date, who has made it into the class, and who has not so if you have youth that desire to take those classes, they should have a backup.
As always, please let me or Calicoe know if you have any questions. Thanks so much for all you do for Goshen!