News for everyone
Hello Goshen Leaders!
Welcome back to another exciting summer at Goshen Scout Reservation! Obviously we had quite the bummer with in-person camp getting shut down in 2020, but we are ready and waiting for another summer of adventure in 2021! A couple of quick updates:
- We have our newly developed Covid-19 protocols live here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/covid-19/. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with questions or feedback.
- The deadline to submit camperships is officially extended until March 1. Please make every effort to submit applications for your youth who need a bit of extra assistance to attend camp. We can grant up to 50% of the cost of camp. Thank you to all who have already submitted camperships. Those will be prioritized of course. The application is here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/registration/#camperships.
- We will be hosting a series of webinars during the month of March. They will be on Thursday evenings at 7PM and will be recorded for future use. Please pass the word on to the parents in your units who would like extra clarity on what we’re offering. More details on links/specific topics will be coming out shortly.
- On March 1, we will go live with the registration of your additional youth. Until now, we have been solely in deposit mode. If you need details on how to add additional youth to your registration, see here: www.gotogoshen.org/registration/registration-tips-how-to-add-more-campers/.
Thanks and take care all!
We are committed to bringing back the joy of in-person summer camp for the summer of 2021. In anticipation of the summer, we have put together COVID-19 protocols.
Visit our new COVID-19 Protocols page to stay up to date on the latest information and protocols concerning how we will be running summer camp in these changing times.
The Goshen Campership deadline, which was previously February 1, has been extended to March 1, 2021.
If your Scout or a Scout in your unit is in need of financial assistance, please encourage them to apply by the deadline. Applications will continue to be collected, reviewed, and granted after the deadline, but only as funds allow.
See the Campership section on the Registration page to apply.
Campers that submitted their application by the initial deadline, February 1, should still expect to hear back by February 17th, in time to have their campership vouchers for March 1. Goshen’s deposit phase ends on March 1 and units can begin signing up their additional campers.
Campers that submit applications by the March 1 deadline should expect to hear back in time to register prior to Merit Badge & Activity Sign Ups opening on March 18.
Struggling with registration? Check out our newly updated Registration Walk-Through for the 2021 season. It will take you step-by-step through the process to get your unit signed up for an awesome time at summer camp.
Last edited Fall 2020
You’ve decided on your camp. You’ve decided on your week. You’re ready to register! To do so, first, click the Register button for the camp you want, found in the Register Now section of the Goshen Registration page.
The button for your camp will take you to a page on our registration website, ScoutingEvent.com. (You may hear some folks around call it Black Pug, since that’s the company that manages it.)
Click on the register button next to your chosen week.
This will bring you to the next page. A modal will pop up asking you if you want to continue as a guest or log into your account. Having an account is a good idea if you have multiple registrations for different events or different camps. You can more easily keep track of your different registrations and manage a roster of scouts and adults to pull from when signing up your unit for events.
However, even as a guest, you’ll still be able to re-access your registration.
Once you have made your selection on the modal, you’ll see the rest of the page. Here, it will ask for the number of youth and adults. To reserve your spot, you only need to select 1 youth (and 1 adult – first of 2 free adults – for Webelos Camps). Before March 1, 2021, all Goshen camps will be in Deposit Phase – units can only register their deposit youth. Starting March 1, you may add more campers if you choose. Only add the number of campers you are ready to pay for in full at this time. There will be a chance to enter the estimated number of youth and adults you plan to bring in a different step.
If you are registering your Scout as a Provisional Scout (attending without their unit), please make sure you select “Provisional Scout”. This program is only available at Camp Marriott. Registration for Provisional Scouts opens March 1, 2021.
Once you’ve made your selection, click register.
This will start your registration. A modal will ask you for basic registration contact information. This will include the estimated number of youth and adults you plan to bring. The camp will reserve spaces for your unit based on the estimates you provide. Please estimate the number of adults based on the most adults you expect to have at any given time. Adults splitting the week may only count as one adult.
Once you have filled out all the required areas, please select Continue at the bottom.
This will take you to your registration. Any items that appear in red require action. To proceed, update the information for your campers by clicking any red Update Information buttons. You may use placeholder information, just remember to change it to an actual attendee when you know who the attendees are going to be.
Once you have entered the information, the Update Information button should no longer be red. The Participants tab (1) should also no longer be red and the red stop sign on the right should have changed to a green Proceed to Checkout button (2). You can proceed to checkout either by clicking on the button or by clicking on the Check Out tab at the top.
If you’re registering an adult (Camps PMI and Ross), you’ll notice that your adult price has been automatically discounted. Your spot is not reserved until you have booked at least one youth. To do so, click on Checkout.
Make sure your billing information (1) is correct and that you have read and agreed to the council policies (2). To read the policies, click the link (3).
There are two payment options. Credit card payments have a 3% convenience fee.
E-checks (electronic fund transfers) do not have any additional convenience fee.
Once you have clicked Finalize Payment, you have now reserved your spot for camp!
You will receive a confirmation email. This will also contain a link to get back into your registration at any time. Learn about other ways to re-access your registration in our post on the topic.
Units that were scheduled to attend in Summer 2020 have the opportunity to reserve their spot for Goshen Summer 2021 before registration opens to the general public.
Here are the details:
- 2020 units have until September 1, 2020 to fill out the form here:
Please fill out the form for your desired camp, week, and estimated number of youth/adults. Priority for week selection will go to units that were in that week in 2020 and units whose week does not exist in 2021. Unit requests to switch to another week will be granted as space is available.
- We will then set up your registration and send you an email on or around September 1 with information on how to pay and lock in your deposit. The deposit will be $385, will cover your first youth, and will reserve your spot as a unit. The fee for any additional youth is still being determined and is thus subject to change.
- Beginning on 9am on September 8th, registration spots will be up for grabs for the general public.
Thank you for bearing with us during what was quite the year and we look forward to seeing you at summer camp in 2021. Until then, stay safe, stay healthy, and Scout on!
Hello Goshen Leaders!
Phil Barbash here! I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I just wanted to check in to follow up with two things:
- We’ve updated the pages for the NCAC Homecamping. Just in case you weren’t aware, we’ve got an exciting alternative program planned with both an option for online advancement AND an option to camp with your family at one of our camp properties. You can learn more at http://www.gotogoshen.org. Each of your respective programs will have the program schedule and an FAQ document listed at the bottom. Please let me know if you have additional questions.
- We are continuing to work through refunds. If you have not yet requested, you can still request here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/general/ncac-summer-camp-2020-update/. As of June 30th, any refunds not requested will be presumed rollovers to 2021.
Thanks and please reach out with any questions you may have!
Hello Goshen leaders!
I hope all are well and staying safe and healthy. I have a couple of quick updates:
- We are working on refunds/rollovers as quickly as we can and thank you all for your patience! To all who have already submitted their requests, thank you! If you have not yet requested, please remember the deadline to request your refund/rollover credit is June 30th and must be submitted via this form.
- NEWS: Our Goshen Camp Directors are excited about the alternative program this summer – Goshen Homecamping! I wanted you all to be the first to know the details: http://www.gotogoshen.org. Both Webelos and Scouts BSA youth will have the opportunity to earn merit badges or adventure pins respectively online with dedicated instructors, AND come down to one of our camp properties with their family to go camping beginning on July 6th. Registration for the program will go live on Friday. Please let all of your units know about this fantastic opportunity as we continue to release scheduling and programmatic details in the next coming days/weeks!
Stay tuned for more details and happy Homecamping!
Hello Goshen Leaders!
Thank you again for all of your kind words, support, and understanding during challenging times. We have begun the refund process and those who have requested will begin to see those credits take effect shortly. I’m writing to you all today for feedback. As we put our alternative programs in place for this summer, I want them to be shaped by those who hold the highest stake in our programs: all of you.
Please take some time and fill out a very brief survey found here: 2020 Summer Camp Alternative Program Survey
Also, feel free to forward along to any families who may have vested interest in these programs. I want to ensure that whatever program we create is one that is designed to fit your needs.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you all again and stay safe!
Goshen Scout Reservation, a fully accredited camp, is the home of three resident Scout camps, two resident Webelos camps, and the Lenhok’sin High Adventure Base, all centrally located around beautiful, 450 acre, Lake Merriweather.