News for everyone
Phone service has been restored!
Phone service is in its second day of outage at our offices. Please contact us via email until the system is restored. We appreciate your patience as we get the service restored.
Hello Goshen Leaders! A couple of quick updates:
- AS OF 11:59PM ON THIS FRIDAY APRIL 12TH, ALL PRICES WILL BUMP UP $40. PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO GET YOUR YOUTH AND ADULTS REGISTERED BEFORE THAT TIME! Don’t miss out on early discounts!
- The pre-requisite list for Scouts BSA camps is now posted here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/forms-downloads/. If you have scouts that are taking merit badges at camp, please reference this list for any applicable pre-requisites.
- As a reminder, every youth and adult that pays by the early bird deadline will receive a hat. If you have opted to have that hat embroidered with your unit’s name and hometown, we will be contacting you early next week to confirm what you want embroidered on the hat. Be on the lookout for that email!
- We will have two orientation meetings for adults that are brand new to Goshen. One will be held at the Marriott Scout Service Center at 9190 Rockville Pike Bethesda, MD 20814 on the 30th of April and the other will be held at Andrew Chapel at 1301 Trap Road in Vienna Virginia on the 9th of May. Both meetings will begin at 7PM and run for about an hour and a half. This is an opportunity to pick up hats, unless you had them embroidered. The meetings are certainly not mandatory and you only need to attend one of the two. THESE MEETINGS ARE FOR BRAND NEW ADULTS WHO ARE ATTENDING OR HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT GOSHEN. IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A FEW YEARS, YOU NEED NOT ATTEND.
- If you have Scouts BSA aged youth that cannot attend the week that your troop is going, they can attend camp provisionally any week or can attend our specialty Trail to Eagle program at Camp Marriott during Week 6. More details here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/camps-programs/provisional-camp/.
- We have two family camps at Goshen, one over Memorial Day Weekend and one over Labor Day Weekend. These are great opportunities to bring families out to Goshen and see what the facility has to offer. More details here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/events/family-camp/.
- All youth and adults that will be participating this summer for 72 hours or more must bring a BSA Medical Form to camp. We have added a health advisory page to the form that can be found here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/forms-downloads/. Please make sure all of your youth and adults come to camp with this filled out and with Part C signed by a medical professional.
Finally, if you missed any of my previous updates, they can always be found here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/latest-news/. Please let us know if you have any further questions!
Hello Goshen Leaders!
Phil Barbash here, your friendly neighborhood Goshen Director. I wanted to drop you a note with a couple of quick reminders:
- Our early bird payment deadline is right around the corner. As of 11:59PM on April 12th, all youth will be charged $415 and all adults will be charged $265. Please make every effort to register your participants well before this deadline so as to avoid the additional charge.
- Every youth and adult that registers by the early bird deadline will receive a hat! You have the option to embroider that hat with your unit number and hometown if you’d like for an additional charge. Please note that after the early bird deadline passes, the custom embroidery will no longer be an option. Also, should you choose to have your hats embroidered, they will be delivered straight to camp and you will pick them up upon arrival at camp.
- If you have youth that received a popcorn voucher or a campership, please make every effort to get those youth registered before the early bird deadline.
- Please remember that every unit receives two free adults, regardless of size. Those adults will be subtracted out of your balance before you complete your registration. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY FOR THEM UP FRONT.
- If you have adults that are splitting the week, please register them as one adult. We have a post on this on our website along with other posts with registration tips, like how to log back into your registration and how to add campers. You can find them here: www.gotogoshen.org/information/latest-news/.
- Please note that our refund policy is as follows here: www.gotogoshen.org/refund. As far as these things go, we are pretty strict on this one as it does add up to a lot of administrative costs on our end to process refunds. Please be sure you are sure that a youth or adult is attending before you register him/her. Also, please note that if for whatever reason someone is unable to attend, you can swap that person out for someone else by simply changing the name in your registration.
- The 2019 Goshen Leader & Parents Guide is now available online. You can find a copy in the Forms & Downloads page, www.gotogoshen.org/information/forms-downloads/, or in the Downloads section of your camp’s page.
- For those of you at a Scouts BSA Camp, the updated 2019 Merit Badge Prerequisites list will be available next week in the Downloads section, so be on the lookout for that!
As always, all of the previous emails I have sent out are here if you need them: www.gotogoshen.org/information/latest-news/. Thanks to all and please don’t hesitate to shoot us an email with any questions you may have!
Goshen Scout Reservation, a fully accredited camp, is the home of three resident Scout camps, two resident Webelos camps, and the Lenhok’sin High Adventure Base, all centrally located around beautiful, 450 acre, Lake Merriweather.