Hello Goshen Leaders!
My name is Eric Smith and I would like to start by introducing myself as the new 2022 Reservation Director. I have worked on camp staff for 25 years and am excited to meet you this summer at Goshen Scout Reservation. As the staff is hard at work preparing for your arrival this summer, I would like to highlight a few key updates to help you prepare as well.
Some quick updates:
- We will be hosting a series of Leader Orientation webinars on Monday evenings in March at 7pm and will be recorded for future use. Please pass the word on to parents in your units. More details on links will be coming out shortly. The topics will be:
- March 14 – High Adventure
- March 21 – Scouts BSA Camps
- March 28 – Cub Scout Camps
- We are approaching the Campership Deadline – March 1st. If you have youth that need a bit of extra financial assistance to get to camp, please have them fill out an application here: www.gotogoshen.org/camperships . Camperships can grant up to 50% of the cost of camp. Please make every effort to submit applications by the deadline, but if you have additional youth that come in after the fact, please continue to apply online and we will allot as funding is available.
- Due to popular demand, we have opened another week at Camp Ross. Week 6 will run 7/31 to 8/6. If you are interested in switching your Pack’s registration to this week, please contact Camping Specialist Sarah Moses at Sarah.Moses@scouting.org.
- Several of our camps are still looking for staff for this coming summer. If you have anyone interested, they can apply here: www.gotogoshen.org/staff
- We are in the process of evaluating our COVID protocols for this coming summer based on local guidance and guidance from the CDC. Stay tuned shortly for updated details pertaining to Merit Badge classes.
- Speaking of Merit Badges, Merit Badge & Activity Sign Ups for Camps Bowman, Marriott, and Olmsted will open on March 31 at 9am. We’ll be releasing the updated Program & Prerequisites Guide as well as the Merit Badge Sign Ups How To in the next week or so. You can find both of these resources here: www.gotogoshen.org/information/forms-downloads . Participants at Lenhok’sin High Adventure, rather than activity sign ups, be sure to fill out your crew survey by May 7th, found here: www.gotogoshen.org/lenhoksin/#downloads . For Packs at Camp Ross, activity sign-ups will occur at camp.
- And lastly, some helpful posts:
- If you can’t get back into your registration, check out this post: www.gotogoshen.org/registration/registration-tips-re-accessing-your-registration/
- If you aren’t the person handling your unit’s registration anymore, check out this post: www.gotogoshen.org/registration/registration-tips-changing-your-registration-contact/
- If you are ready to add campers to your registration, check out this post: www.gotogoshen.org/registration/registration-tips-how-to-add-more-campers/
Eric Smith | Director of Camping Services