Hello Goshen Leaders!
Phil Barbash here, with a couple of updates:
- First off, if you are a unit or provisional who has just recently signed up, feel free to go and take a look at any/all of my previous four update emails. They can be found here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/latest-news/.
- The early bird payment deadline is one week from today. As of 11:59 PM on Friday the 13th, the system will switch over and every youth and adult will be charged the full $400/$265 amounts respectively. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY NIGHT TO REGISTER.
- Every youth and adult that pays by the early bird deadline will receive a hat. You do have the option in your registration portal to embroider that hat with your unit’s name and hometown. Please be checking your email frequently if you have chosen this option as we will be contacting you shortly to confirm what you want embroidered on the hat. Hats will be available for pickup during normal business hours, 9-5:30 Monday-Friday at 9190 Rockville Pike Bethesda, MD 20814. You do also have the option to coordinate with your District Executive or other volunteer to bring it to you at a closer location, or you can always pick up at camp. We will not be mailing hats. ALL EMBROIDERED HATS WILL BE PICKED UP UPON ARRIVAL AT CAMP.
- We will have two new adult leader orientation meetings on the 18th and 25th of April at the Marriott Scout Service Center (9190 Rockville Pike Bethesda, MD 20814) and Andrew Chapel (1301 Trap Road Vienna, VA 22182). Both meetings will begin at 7PM and end by 9PM and you need only attend one of them. THESE ARE FOR BRAND NEW ADULTS ONLY. YOU NEED NOT WORRY ABOUT THEM IF YOU HAVE BEEN TO GOSHEN BEFORE. Most information given out will be basic information. Due to the nature of the meeting, no call in number is available but if you have specific questions, feel free to shoot them over to me. Most of the session is Q and A.
- There is now a 3% convenience charge for credit cards in your registrations portal. We recognize and apologize that the timing is not great on this. There is, however, no added charge for e-checks. Feel free to use a paper check and pay your amount in the system, as the system will walk you through exactly how to input the check into the system.
- As of now ANY LEADER COMING TO CAMP WHO IS STAYING FOR 72 HOURS OR MORE MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE BSA AND HAVE GONE THROUGH YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING. Please factor this accordingly into your unit’s plan.
- Please continue to check your individual camp’s webpage for new postings (many documents have been updated including the Merit Badge pre-requisite list).
That’s all for now. As always thank you for coming to Goshen and feel free to shoot Sarah or myself an email with any questions you may have!
P.S. Memorial Day Family Camp Weekend…still accepting registrations. Don’t miss out!