News for everyone
Hello Goshen Leaders!
Phil Barbash here, your director of Goshen Scout Reservation. I’ll be blasting out emails to all of the unit contacts at least once a month, and then sometimes more frequently as camp gets closer. I’ll have updates, changes, reminders, and most of the things that you’ll want to keep at the forefront of your brain, but always feel free to email me or visit http://www.gotogoshen.org for more information. Here are a couple of quick updates:
- For anyone applying for a campership, the deadline is approaching quickly. The application is online and the deadline is February 1. Please let Sarah know if there are any questions
- For those youth that have earned a free week of camp through their popcorn sales, popcorn voucher codes will be distributed in early February. Please do NOT pay for youth before you have received the voucher code. Once you pay, you will be subject to our normal refund policy.
- Merit badge registration will be going live on January 28th. Please keep in mind this is NOT a fastest finger game. We use the registration system to allocate resources on our end, but NONE OF YOUR SCOUTS ARE PLACED IN MERIT BADGE CLASSES BASED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. For merit badges with limited space requirements, all youth are placed on a waiting list, and then prioritized by age, and then rank. A youth MUST be paid in full before he/she registers for merit badges.
- We still have plenty of openings for staff at Goshen this summer. If you know of any scouts that might not have something to do during the summer and are looking for the best job in the world, they can apply here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/goshen-staff/. We offer room and board, as well as a competitive summer stipend.
- As you continue to register youth to attend camp, please make sure you have thoroughly read through the page here: http://register.gotogoshen.org. It has a lot of helpful information that you don’t want to miss.
- Finally, Scouts (not Webelos) are welcome to attend camp provisionally (no adults needed) at Camp Marriott any week of the summer. For those Scouts who are looking for an extra week at camp, can’t attend the week the rest of the week is attending, or are just looking to get the Goshen experience, see here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/camps-programs/provisional-camp/.
Again, welcome to the Goshen family! You and your scouts will have a GREAT time at camp this summer. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Wilderness First Aid Training and CPR/AED Training classes have been updated for Summer 2019. The class times can be found in the For Adults part of the Program section of your camp’s page. The fees have also gone up to reflect an increase in fees for American Red Cross certifications. Check the fees on the Registration page under Camp Costs.
Sign ups start on January 28th.
No sign ups are required for other trainings offered at camp. Learn more about training for adult leaders in the For Adults part of the Program section of your camp’s page.
Our Campership form for 2019 is now open for applications. Check out the Campership section on the Registration page to learn more.
We’ve updated our promotional materials to get everyone excited about summer 2019! Check out our new video and our new downloadables on our About page.
Goshen Scout Reservation, a fully accredited camp, is the home of three resident Scout camps, two resident Webelos camps, and the Lenhok’sin High Adventure Base, all centrally located around beautiful, 450 acre, Lake Merriweather.