Urgent Camp Update 7/6/2022

Good evening Goshen Family,

This email contains urgent updates regarding Goshen Scout Reservation operations and the COVID-19 pandemic.

As a result of growing COVID-19 case numbers at Camp Marriott and Camp Bowman, the decision has been made to temporarily close both camps for the remainder of this week, with the intention of reopening on July 11th for the Week 3 session. Week 2 Campers who arrived at Marriott and Bowman via the Goshen-provided bus will be picked up tomorrow to return home. Specific details regarding this early departure are being communicated directly to units in camp. Campers departing early will be presented with alternate opportunities for advancement completion at a later date and will receive a 50% refund. Week 2 operations at Camp Ross, Camp Olmsted, and Lenhok’sin High Adventure will continue as planned with the addition of the below policy updates.

In light of these developments, Goshen Scout Reservation’s COVID-19 procedures and policies have been updated to best respond to the situation at hand. The following policies are in place, effective immediately:

  • Masking is required for participants and staff in all program areas, buildings, communal settings, and Goshen provided transportation.
    • This includes outdoor areas or anytime you are around people outside of your unit.
  • Campers will be asked to provide their own masks (no specifications on mask type)

Camp Olmsted, Camp Ross, and Lenhok’sin High Adventure will start Week 3 as originally scheduled on Sunday, July 10th.

Below are updates to the arrival schedule for Week 3 participants at Camp Marriott and Camp Bowman:

  • Arrival has been shifted to the morning of Monday, July 11th (8:00 am – 11:00 am)
    • Campers arriving via bus will still arrive on Sunday, July 10th. No program will be available until the afternoon of July 11th. Med Checks will be provided on Sunday for these bus units and the first meal served for them will be Sunday dinner.
  • Week 3 program will begin at 2:00 pm on Monday, July 11th.

We recognize that this news may come as a shock and disappointment to many. We appreciate your patience as we work through responding to your questions. This is a developing situation, and we will provide more updates as we have them. The decision to pause two camps’ operations does not come lightly but we have to prioritize the health and safety of our staff and participants. Any questions may be directed to the Goshen Information email at info@gotogoshen.org.

Yours in Scouting,

The Goshen Management Team