Hello Goshen Leaders!
I hope everyone is staying safe and thank you for all you have done and are doing to support Goshen Scout Reservation. I’m writing you today with a couple of updates:
- I have been asked a few times now about refunds. Here is our official statement moving forward:We are planning for an outstanding summer camp season at Goshen Scout Reservation. That said, as we are all aware there are circumstances beyond our control that could impact our summer programming. Should National Capital Area Council be forced by the Covid-19 virus to cancel the 2020 summer season, the following refund policy will be in place:
- Summer camp conducted as scheduled – normal refund policy (85% refund if requested in writing before 6/12/2020 and NO refund after 6/12/2020).
- Summer camp canceled by National Capital Area Council – 100% refund
This policy removes your risk of making a commitment during this uncertain time. We encourage you to make your summer plans now and spend your summer with us at Goshen!
- We are going to once again move the opening date of merit badge registration to 9AM on 05/01/20. This will put it at the same time as the early bird deadline and will limit confusion.
- BSA national is working on potential adjustments to our policy on the BSA med form part C being required for camp. At this time there is no update, but I will send it as soon as I have it.
We will continue to send updates on a weekly basis. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions. Thanks!