Goshen Leader Update #6-COVID-19 Update

Hello Goshen Leaders!

Phil Barbash here with some more updates regarding Summer Camp and the ongoing pandemic:

  1. Will Summer Camp 2020 happen?
    The NCAC Executive Board will throughly discuss summer camp 2020 during the next full board meeting. We expect an initial decision regarding summer camp after that meeting in mid-May.  There many variables to consider in this matter and the decision could include operate as scheduled, modify or shorten the season, or cancel the entire season. This is obviously a moving target, and we could have announcements out sooner than that.
  2. Will the April 30th Early Bird Fee Deadline be Extended Again?
    At this time, we will not be offering an additional extension to the 4/30 deadline. Timing dictates the need to secure realistic attendance figures in order to begin ordering supplies and finalize staffing. We want to reiterate that should NCAC cancel any week, or the full summer, we will issue a 100% refund to all youth/adults who paid and registered for immersions camp. We do recognize that this may be creating a financial strain for some families In your, but please recognize paid attendance will be a significant variable in the summer camp decision making process.
  3. Is there any information regarding Part C of the medical form?
    No new information is available at this time regarding Part C of the medical form. Legal and medical experts are assisting the BSA in the creation of a policy that offers flexibility, but ensures the safety of youth and adults who attend summer camp. We realize this is time sensitive. So, as soon as we know, we will let you know.

Please be aware our NCAC Enterprise Risk Management Committee has been working with our Camping and Outdoor Programming committee to create a new list of health and safety policies and procedures that will likely need to be implemented this summer pending our ability to operate. We will have that document available as soon as it is finalized. Please let me know if you have any feedback on this matter.

I would like to provide you with more definitive answers regarding the overall summer season. Unfortunately there are still to many unknown variables. We will continue to monitor this situation closely and provide you with regular updates. Until next time, stay safe and let’s all hope/pray that a summer camp season is the light at the end of the tunnel.