Hello Goshen Leaders!
Summer is almost upon us! I’m writing today with a couple of quick updates on Goshen Scout Reservation this year:
- We will have two optional adult orientation meetings, the first of which is tomorrow night, the 30th of April. Both will begin at 7PM and you only need to attend one. THESE ARE FOR NEW ADULTS ONLY. IF YOU HAVE BEEN TO GOSHEN BEFORE, YOU NEED NOT ATTEND. We will cover a couple general Goshen things, and then have breakouts by camp for a Q and A session. If you’re someone that likes to have us in front of you so you can fire away questions, this is a good opportunity for that. If not, these are optional so no need to attend. Tomorrow night’s meeting is at our office in Bethesda at 9190 Rockville Pike Bethesda, MD 20814. The second meeting will be on the 9th of May at 1301 Trap Road Vienna, VA 22182.
- Hats are here! As a refresher, any youth or adult who signs up by the early bird deadline will receive a hat. If you ordered the personalized embroidered hats, those will be available upon your arrival at camp. If not, those hats will be available at both of the aforementioned adult meetings, as well as at our office Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM. If our office is inconvenient for you, you can arrange with your district executive or another volunteer to pick up the hats and bring them to you.
- Signing up your Scouts for Merit Badges? Check out our How To Guide for Merit Badge sign ups you can find it in Scout Camp General Downloads in your camp’s downloads section or here: www.gotogoshen.org/information/forms-downloads/. The guide also includes details on signing up for all-day programs (like new scout programs) and limited-size wait-list classes (like ATV, Small-Boat Sailing, and others).
- Interested in Leader Training? Our Council Training Committee will be offering Scoutmaster/Assistant Scoutmaster Position-Specific Training and Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS) during select weeks this summer. Check out the schedule in the General Downloads section. We’ve also made online sign ups available for these classes, for your convenience! It’s the same process as Merit Badge sign ups, so check out the How To Guide mentioned above for a walk-through and FAQ.
- For those of you attending one of our Scouts BSA camps, don’t forget about our provisional (no adults needed) programs. Any youth can come to Camp Marriott provisionally any week, or can go to our specialty program called Trail to Eagle during the last week of camp. More details here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/camps-programs/provisional-camp/.
- We still need 18+ and 21+ year old staff! Apply here if interested: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/goshen-staff/
- Don’t forget, if you or your units are looking for a warmup for camp this summer, we have family camp at Goshen during Memorial Day Weekend! More details are here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/events/family-camp/
- As always, you can find past Goshen Leader Updates and other announcements on our website here: www.gotogoshen.org/information/latest-news/.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Looking forward to another great summer!