Hello Goshen Leaders! A couple of quick updates:
- AS OF 11:59PM ON THIS FRIDAY APRIL 12TH, ALL PRICES WILL BUMP UP $40. PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO GET YOUR YOUTH AND ADULTS REGISTERED BEFORE THAT TIME! Don’t miss out on early discounts!
- The pre-requisite list for Scouts BSA camps is now posted here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/forms-downloads/. If you have scouts that are taking merit badges at camp, please reference this list for any applicable pre-requisites.
- As a reminder, every youth and adult that pays by the early bird deadline will receive a hat. If you have opted to have that hat embroidered with your unit’s name and hometown, we will be contacting you early next week to confirm what you want embroidered on the hat. Be on the lookout for that email!
- We will have two orientation meetings for adults that are brand new to Goshen. One will be held at the Marriott Scout Service Center at 9190 Rockville Pike Bethesda, MD 20814 on the 30th of April and the other will be held at Andrew Chapel at 1301 Trap Road in Vienna Virginia on the 9th of May. Both meetings will begin at 7PM and run for about an hour and a half. This is an opportunity to pick up hats, unless you had them embroidered. The meetings are certainly not mandatory and you only need to attend one of the two. THESE MEETINGS ARE FOR BRAND NEW ADULTS WHO ARE ATTENDING OR HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT GOSHEN. IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A FEW YEARS, YOU NEED NOT ATTEND.
- If you have Scouts BSA aged youth that cannot attend the week that your troop is going, they can attend camp provisionally any week or can attend our specialty Trail to Eagle program at Camp Marriott during Week 6. More details here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/camps-programs/provisional-camp/.
- We have two family camps at Goshen, one over Memorial Day Weekend and one over Labor Day Weekend. These are great opportunities to bring families out to Goshen and see what the facility has to offer. More details here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/events/family-camp/.
- All youth and adults that will be participating this summer for 72 hours or more must bring a BSA Medical Form to camp. We have added a health advisory page to the form that can be found here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/forms-downloads/. Please make sure all of your youth and adults come to camp with this filled out and with Part C signed by a medical professional.
Finally, if you missed any of my previous updates, they can always be found here: https://www.gotogoshen.org/information/latest-news/. Please let us know if you have any further questions!