- Check-in will begin at 5pm on Friday and run until about 9pm. If you think you’re going to be there before or after that, no problem. You can just go ahead and grab what you need off of the check-in table and find a campsite. The table will be on the left as you are entering Camp Olmsted, after you turn left at the sign. We will have toilet paper and trash bags available there.
- Campsites are first come, first served. There is no pre-registration system for them. Each one has a picnic table, some wooden platforms, and a fire ring. Anything beyond that will have to be brought in. There is no need to buy firewood, as there is plenty to choose from in the woods.
- There will be a trailer in the main parking lot when you enter for you to throw your trash bags during the weekend. Please keep in mind to bring your trash directly to the trailer after every meal. We do have bears present that are going to be attracted to the smell of food if it is left in the campsite. Please lock it in your car.
- We will have ice available in the dining hall. One of the staff in the back can help you find it.
- We will have copies of the program schedule and map available at the check in table, but they are also available here: www.gotogoshen.org/familycamp . There are two last minute changes to the schedule:
- Sunday’s Skeet Shooting Competition has been replaced with the Family Camp Olympics. Compete against other families in a wide array of family friendly challenges!
- Rifle and Shotgun merit badge make-ups will be limited requirements. Due to a lack of certified personnel, we unfortunately won’t be able to offer completion on shooting requirements, but can still help finish up other requirements for those badges.
- Please remember to practice social distancing as we move through the weekend. When you’re around other families, wear a mask or stay at least six feet away. Masks are optional but encouraged in the program areas.
- And, of course, the other reminder: If you or a member of your family is not feeling well or has had close contact with someone who has recently tested positive for COVID-19, please do not attend.
/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/gsr_logo.png 0 0 Sarah Moses /wp-content/uploads/2017/01/gsr_logo.png Sarah Moses2022-08-31 12:18:022022-08-31 12:18:02Family Camp Labor Day Weekend
Thank you for registering for family camp this coming weekend at Goshen! A few things you should know before you get here:
Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions. Looking forward to seeing all of you there!
The Goshen Scout Reservation Team
Goshen Scout Reservation, a fully accredited camp, is the home of three resident Scout camps, one resident Webelos camp, and the Lenhok’sin High Adventure Base, all centrally located around beautiful, 450 acre, Lake Merriweather.
National Capital Area Council www.ncacbsa.org